Monday, March 28, 2011

Can art change the world?!



Another amazing talk from TED.com
I understand that people have always doubted the power of the arts.
"Art is just pretty"
"It's something to look at"

For me, art provokes thought. Every piece of artwork has been carefully crafted and is a filtered and condensed version of the artist's message through an artistic mean of communication. This is why I love going to art exhibitions with my grandfather, he knows almost every single painter's story and the intentions behind their art works. It's amazing when you can connect with a complete stranger through the canvas.


The same applies for any other medium of art-- photography, graffiti, dance, theatre, music...

Art is powerful. People read and interpret meaning through works of art. Just imagine this world WITHOUT art...

It'd be a travesty to live in such a place.

I hope that after you listen to JR's talk that like me, your faith in the sheer power of art will be restored again.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment